> * Does cfinclude copy the contents of every included file
> then compile - regardless of the switch statement?

I believe includes still happen dynamically. You can verify this by
deleting all the files in the following directory:

  \CFusionMX\wwwroot\WEB-INF\cfclasses

Restart the ColdFusion service and make a request to your page. It
should only create class files for the files that were needed to
complete the request.

BTW, I just checked and my developer version behaves this way.

> * Does the compiled cfm make a whole class, is it only a
> method in some master class, or is everything stuck into a
> single method? is there a way to force other methods, like
> how cfcase only runs the necessary code?

It appears that each ColdFusion page (*.cfm), ColdFusion component
(*.cfc) and function gets its own class file. For a look at what's going
on behind the scenes, edit the web.xml file in the following directory:

  \CFusionMX\wwwroot\WEB-INF\

Change the "coldfusion.compiler.saveJava" parameter to "true." This will
create .java source files for each of the classes. You may be able to
get a better idea of what is going on from there. Again, you'll probably
have to restart the ColdFusion service.

> This seems like a serious problem with CFMX for a large
> application using fusebox so I hope someone has experienced
> this and has a elegant workaround.

I haven't run into any problems specific to porting Fusebox style
applications to ColdFusion MX, except the fact that the first request is
always interminably slow. I don't have any in production, However. I've
only ported several such applications to a Developer Version of
ColdFusion MX for testing purposes.

Benjamin S. Rogers
http://www.c4.net/
v.508.240.0051