See Jesse,

Many of us such as Lee and myself have been working with CF for a long long
time and we love the product, etc etc.

When we run into problems, we take every step we can think of to try and
resolve the issue, not just for our own benefit, but for the benefit of the
product itself. When persons like ourselves (there are thousands of us)
contact Macromedia to resolve an issue it's usually in good spirit and we
usually want to work *with* Macromedia in resolving the issues- y'know,
kinda like being a beta tester. We're doing it for the product and the
community as well as for our own benefit. Now being asked for a cc in this
kind of situation is just too hard to stomach. It feels like walking along
the street, spotting a dangerous obstruction, attempting to move it to a
safe place when suddenly being accosted by a police officer asking us to pay
money to move such a dangerous object out of the way, or in this particular
argument, provide security in case *we* do something wrong, when what we are
doing is helping.

Just my $0.2
Dave