On Tuesday, Oct 8, 2002, at 15:09 US/Pacific, Matt Liotta wrote:
> And as I responded in IM, that isn't answer. Why?

It *is* an answer. Saying "wibble" would be an answer. I never claimed
it was a helpful answer!

> 1. If that was true I could buy Flash Remoting for J2EE and use it with
> CFMX
> 2. If that was true then it would work with CFMX for J2EE sitting on
> top
> of JRun 4
> 3. If that was true then the license and the documentation would
> explicitly say it

Hang on, you ask about CFMX *ENTERPRISE* and then start making comments
about different products! Let's stick to the original question and my
answer is absolutely correct.

As for your assumptions above, I have no idea about (1) and I don't
know why you think a Java product would necessarily provide CFMX
functionality (how would it know about CF code?). I know how to make
(2) work but I don't think you can do it without violating the license.
As for (3), the license and documentation could itemize a lot of things
the product doesn't do but it would never be a complete list so it
would be pointless!

> It wasn't a response; it was a copout since you don't even know the
> rational behind it yourself.

Again, it *was* a response - you just don't like that response. As for
the rationale, yes, I know exactly why you can't access Java code
through the CFMX Enterprise built-in Flash Remoting gateway.
Unfortunately (for you), I am not at liberty to divulge why that is.

An Architect's View -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

Macromedia DevCon 2002, October 27-30, Orlando, Florida
Architecting a New Internet Experience
Register today at http://www.macromedia.com/go/devcon2002