> Now that we are allowed to talk about Contribute, I have to
> say the following:
>
> We have been told that MM is doing away with Studio/Homesite
> because they do not want to have more than one editing
> application in their application portfolio. I accepted this
> despite Dreamweaver's obvious issues that have already been
> covered to death. So what is the next application that MM
> releases? Another web editing application.
>
> I might be the only one that is irked by this, or maybe not,
> but it seems very odd to me.

>From what I've gathered, Contribute is based on the same underlying codebase
as Dreamweaver MX - it's basically "Dreamweaver Lite", as far as I can tell.
Dreamweaver MX has the same sort of stuff in it already - the ability to
define a site, to create templates within that site, to lock code within
those templates, and so on.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496