>  Isaac,

> I wasn't attempting to imply that Contribute was intended as a replacement
> for Studio.

> The point I was attempting to make is that they announced that the Studio
> line was being end of lifed with the rationale being that they didn't want
> to have more than one Web editing/design tool to maintain. They then
> released another tool in that same area, albeit for a different audience.
> I was trying to point out that these two things are at odds with each
> other. I'd tack a bitter statement along the lines of "Well we know where
> people who develop for Macromedia's server platform stand now." because I
> think that this is the message I get from this whole thing. Sorry if I
> wasn't clear enough in my previous mail.

I still have basically the same impression of what you were trying to say
.. I think I disagree... I'll leave it at that, rather than change the
subject of the thread to "business decisions about content editing tools and
target audience semantics". :)

S. Isaac Dealey
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046