Well, then shouldn't that be a function of the overall design of
the site.  If you want user editable content, provide the means
within the site for them to do this and store the changeable
content in a database or some other mechanism rather than
inventing some application that allows users to change the actual
pages.

Whether it is a reality or not, if the user thinks he is editing
or creating web page content because you give him a tool to change
the content of one specific <div>, your superflouessness will
certainly cross his/her mind.

Not to beat a dead horse, but why is it that Powerpoint 101 is a
critical course for engineering students?  Because graphic
presentation departments went the way of the buggy whip when
powerpoint was put on everybody's desktop.  And I will be the
first to say that I lament the trend because I am terrible at
producing presentations but am forced to do it because the support
organization no longer exists.

To quote the C in C from "The Undiscovered Country", just because
we cand do a thing doesn't mean that we must do a thing, or even
should.

I guess I'm up to $0.04 now.

Robert J. Polickoski
Senior Programmer, ISRD Inc.