I had a client that wanted to support 1 million+ existing subscribers using a single
CF server, attached to an Access db and a Btrieve Db, served through a 56K line.

Now that was a scary project which died an early death.

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/19/02 01:53PM >>>
  I talked to one company who wanted me to guarantee the application could
support ~15 million users (<-- not simultaneous )
  I had no say in hardware, and they didn't have a budget for load testing.

  If they push for some form of guarantee, tell them that you can only
guarantee that it'll work for a single user.  : ha, ha: