I got this partially resolved... Sean helped out.. Thanks Sean.
It was a classpath problem. However after i load the
drivers(macromedia.jdbc.MacromediaDriver) which is in the "lib" directory
of your installation(eg. "G:\CFusionMX\lib\macromedia_drivers.jar") and give
it the
connection url..
Connection con =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:macromedia:sqlserver://SqlServerName:1433"
,"userid","Pwd");

I get an Exception..
"macromedia.jdbc.MacromediaDriver$InvalidLicenseException: An Enterprise
license
is needed to use the Macromedia JDBC Drivers on the DB2, Oracle, Sybase and
Info
rmix servers."

I am running CFMX Enterprise version(6,0,0,48097).  I have the same
connection working
fine in JSP Pages under CFMX.
Are CFMX Enterprise drivers protected from usage in Java
Applications(Console/Swing)?
Anybody from MM Product Team can explain this?

Joe