On Sunday, Nov 24, 2002, at 14:23 US/Pacific, Joe Eugene wrote:
> I got this partially resolved... Sean helped out.. Thanks Sean.

Glad to hear you got it working after we'd been chatting on IM. I was
really puzzled since I got it to work on my Mac and we seemed to be
typing the same commands (modulo you using Windows).

> I get an Exception..
> "macromedia.jdbc.MacromediaDriver$InvalidLicenseException: An
> Enterprise
> license
> is needed to use the Macromedia JDBC Drivers on the DB2, Oracle,
> Sybase and
> Info
> rmix servers."

Yes, I was a little surprised that this was not the error you were
getting when you originally posted and I expected you'd run into this
once you'd got the drivers loaded... sorry! :)

> I am running CFMX Enterprise version(6,0,0,48097).  I have the same
> connection working fine in JSP Pages under CFMX.
> Are CFMX Enterprise drivers protected from usage in Java
> Applications(Console/Swing)?

Yes, basically. When you attempt to run the Macromedia driver classes,
they check that a valid CFMX Enterprise license is present in the
runtime environment. That means you can invoke them from CF, you can
invoke them from JSP running on CFMX but you cannot invoke them outside
the CFMX environment (unless you can figure out how to persuade a
standalone Java application to 'find' the CFMX license of course...
which would probably involve violating your CFMX license agreement!).

Sean A Corfield -- Director, Architecture
Web Technology Group -- Macromedia, Inc.
tel: (415) 252-2287 -- cell: (415) 717-8473
aim: seancorfield -- http://www.macromedia.com
An Architect's View -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

Introducing Macromedia Contribute. Web publishing for everyone.
Learn more at http://www.macromedia.com/contribute