On Wednesday, Dec 11, 2002, at 00:06 US/Pacific, Dick Applebaum wrote:
> One other thing that doesn't work is a connector to the Apache web
> server -- AFAIK, the connector is still platform-dependent C code, so
> you are limited to the MM-supplied default (Java code) server.

Since the connector source is shipped in the JRun SP, you could
probably compile it for Mac OS X. I haven't tried yet (and won't have
time for a while).

> Consuming web services can be made to work on OS X, but we (several
> different people) never have been able to get Publishing web services
> to work.

It's true that didn't work with the Linux port hacked to run on Mac OS
X.

> There is a minor irritant -- several places in the CFMX Administrator,
> MM uses a Java applet to browse the local directory.  The applet works
> OK, but the JavaScript functions that interface the applet fail on
> every OS X browser I've tried.

Did you try Mozilla 1.2.1? It works just fine for me in Mozilla (which
is an all-round awesome browser!).

> Tomcat is available for Mac OS X -- so there is at least 1 J2ee
> appserver (although Tomcat is not certified).

I still haven't gotten around to installing that.

"SOAP is not so much a means of transmitting data
  but a mechanism for calling COM objects over the Web."
-- not Microsoft (surprisingly!)