> Exactly why is MS the evil empire again?
MS is not the evil empire. It is a company with business practices that are
unethical at best. I have seen more good ideas "embraced and extended" to
death, then I care to admit. I got into computers because I love computers.
I love to write code - to make killer apps that no one has seen. Not to
crush the competition by releasing an inferior product in to my monopolistic
and dumbed down OS.

I think of myself as an artist (sometimes my code is good sometimes bad),
and Microsoft as the painter of those black light Elvis paintings.

> Do you think there is a correlation between how MS
> is viewed in capitalism and how the US is viewed in
> international politics?
I hope not.

> It just seems like everyone wants to take pot-shots at the guys on top.
That is an old grip and untrue. Look at Microsoft's record - you can not be
that blind.

> Even though these supposed empires do more good for everyone
> as a whole, than the voices who condemn them.
I disagree. MS has done nothing for the computer industry except stifle
creative design and thinking and instead replaced it with bad products and
little choice - they throw people a bit of money and those people then sing
MS praises. Computers *would* have wound up on every desktop in America
without Microsoft.

If I recall correctly MS doesn't even employ many people they just do I lot
of contract work.

happy holidays list,
Rob