Jon wrote:
> for 99% of what I do, mysql handles my needs perfectly.
> 'Course, I'm doing mostly insert, delete, update, select...
> nothing too complicated. I'll be very happy when the next
>version comes out that can do subqueries, though.

My sentiments exactly.  I can't wait for subqueries.  And despite the
to-do list on their site that's been pointed out with regard to low
priority for stored procedures, that's out of date.  They acknowledge
somewhere in that cavernous site that stored procs are the #1 most
requested feature and are slated for v4.1.  I personally don't use 'em
as most of what I write needs to work on anything, so no stored procs =
no big deal.