Quoting John Paul Ashenfelter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Not to mention the fact that *management tools* are a key feature of
> databases. Spend a lot of time using osql in MSSQL? How often do you
> schedule jobs using the sp_addjob (know how to figure out the int for
> @frequency?).

That is just because MS SQL doesn't have an interval datatype :-)

> I'm all for the command line, but just getting a taste of the
> MySQL Control Center made me realize how much a front-end tool contributes
> to usability.

I always use the command line for management. There might be some tools for
visualization I use simultaneously, but in the end it will be some ALTER TABLE
.... because that ends up in a log and can be reproduced easily, and often even
be ran against a different RDBMS.

Jochem