From: Aaron Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 11:03 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Using CFMX to generate Static HTML pages

> Some people have suggested using CFSAVECONTENT and CFFILE from within your
> page, or using CFHTTP. I'll instead suggest using an external HTTP fetch
> utility, like wget, to spider through your content. The advantage of this
is
> that you don't have to make any changes to your existing code, and you
don't
> put extra work on CF as you would with CFHTTP.
+1 WGET is a great utility...and you get more bang for your buck on a
unix machine... for instance, let's say you want to mirror your
company's site... you following the directions I have here
(http://cephas.net/blog/archives/000029.html ) to set it up on Windows
and then you'd do this from the command line:

wget --mirror http://www.yoursite.com/

On Windows, any pages that depend on URL variables (ie:
/news/default.cfm would work fine, but /news/newsdetail.cfm?newsid=10)
doesn't get saved on Windows).. they just get ignored as bad file names.

On Unix/Linux, you actually get the *all* the pages named by the URL
variable... so you'd get

/news/default.cfm
/news/newsdetail.cfm?newsid=10
/news/newsdetail.cfm?newsid=11