I for the first time just last week had to develop 30 promotional pages
for different product lines. Client doesn't use CF - I built a database,
2 templates and within 2 hours with one set of variable  queries had
created 30 flat pages - Ported them over to his server and saved a good
10 hours of fiddling around with static links - increased my per hour 10
fold.

Additionally - yes - in some cases search engines it does work for also.
If you don't use something like fusebox and have ? all over your url
parameters - search engines will ingore it - they don't want to get lost
in those pages. Static pages have their place on the web.

Lastly as Paris pointed out - a great point
In some cases the static page would indeed be faster depending on the
size and scope of a page. There is a whole additional world I believe in
using CF as a development tool - not only to deliver.

just my .02 cents
jay miller

Paris Lundis wrote:

Rick,

It is about speed, scale and deployment from my end and why we run batch

flat files from dynamic pages...

Actually if you get really nifty, you could create flats, that were just

HTML... No CF processing at all on the page request... and deploy the

flats to multiple servers for redundancy/load balancing/etc...

That's why/how I use such in projects.

Paris Lundis

Founder

Areaindex, L.L.C.

http://www.areaindex.com <http://www.areaindex.com>

http://www.pubcrawler.com <http://www.pubcrawler.com>

412-292-3135

[finding the future in the past, passing the future in the present]

[connecting people, places and things]