On Saturday, Feb 22, 2003, at 07:24 US/Pacific, Vince Bonfanti wrote:
> My apologies--CFMX does indeed offer similar capabilities as
> BlueDragon in
> this regard. It was an oversight on my part, and not a deliberate
> attempt to
> mislead.

No problem. I expected it was just an oversight. I've been reading
through the compatibility guide (thank you) to see what other
enhancements New Atlanta has added.

> Note that the BlueDragon implementation is via the new PAGE attribute
> of the
> CFINCLUDE tag (and not via the GetPageContext function), which allows
> you to
> include the output of JSP pages or servlets in a CFML page:
>
>     <cfinclude page="header.jsp">
>     <cfinclude page="/servlet/myServlet">
>
> BlueDragon also implement a new CFFORWARD tag to do a "server-side
> redirect"
> equivalent to CFMX's GetPageContext().forward():

Can you obtain the page context object in any way in BlueDragon? I was
just wondering if there was a way that people could write their JSP
include/forward so that it was compatible between both products.

> Details of CFINCLUDE, CFFORWARD, and other CFML enhancements
> introduced by
> BlueDragon (such as the CFIMAP tag) are in the BlueDragon CFML
> Compatibility
> Guide:

This is a good piece of documentation - I learned some interesting
things about CF5 from it! It's also good that you point out these
enhancements and incompatibilities so that developers who are keen to
write portable code can continue to do so.

> Anyone's who's interested in learning more about the CFML/Java/JSP
> integration features offered by BlueDragon will be interested in
> attending
> my talk at the upcoming MXNorth conference:

I assume this will cover more ground than your (enjoyable and
informative) BACFUG talk from a few months back?

> BTW, we plan to add support for GetPageContext() in BlueDragon 3.1 in
> order
> to provide compatibility with CFMX, but we still like our
> implementation
> better. :-)

Ah, that answers my question above then. Roll on version 3.1 then!

Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

-- Margaret Atwood