On Monday, Feb 24, 2003, at 18:27 US/Pacific, Mike Brunt wrote:
> So we would have something to distribute we
> finished the re write of the sample FB30 app "Taskmanager" using CFC's,
> mainly as replacements for fuses (with the exception of display fuses).

That's interesting... Hal was pursuing an approach where fuses stayed
exactly the same as in FB3 but the core became CFC based with an
interesting plug-in architecture. I was very impressed with where he
was going with that (hence my disappointment with the recent comments
here in this thread).

> So far I like CFC's no doubt they are not truly OO in the purest sense
> but
> they do bring some sort of order and possible sort-of methodology to
> CF.

Yes, and I think they've been implemented in a way that matches CFML's
core concepts pretty well (better than they match Java's core concepts,
for example, which I think is part of the disquiet and confusion about
CFCs).

> will continue to work on Taskmanager and use some of Hal's theories as
> mentioned by Sean and I agree with Sean here I do not see CFC's as
> such a
> bad thing and I have no doubts they will mature with time.

Cool... I'd be very interested in working with you (offlist) to see
where we might go with this. I'd obviously like to see Fusebox embrace
CFCs...

Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

-- Margaret Atwood