On 3/4/03, Marius Milosav penned:
>The only time I have seen that single quotes are doubled when using
>cfqueryparam is when the string is trimmed prior to be used in a database
>transaction. If I remember correctly there was a discussion last week on the
>list to this effect.
>
>Check the archives and see if you can find anything

Yes, I checked and found the thread. I'm not sure if anyone ever got
anything straight.

The problem I'm having is, there's no rhyme nor freaking reason for anything.

Same database. Same server. Same application.

Inserting '#Trim(form.shippingcompany)#' into a Text field works fine.

Inserting '#Trim(form.product_name)#' into another Text field throws an error.

Both values have 1 single quote in them.

The text fields are identical except for length, one is 80, one is
255. I can't see THAT making a difference.

Updating works fine no matter what I do.

They should take this product back to the drawing board.
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
http://www.cf-ezcart.com/
954.721.3452