Well, I found a workaround by accident.

I went ahead and took the queries that were giving me problems, cut
them from the templates they were in, saved them to a file, then made
a copy of the file. On the copy I changed all the input parameters to
cfqueryparam tags. Then I was going to do a cfinclude that you could
just change to the other file and use the one that worked.

That's why in my last post I'd said:

+++
The problem I'm having is, there's no rhyme nor freaking reason for anything.

Same database. Same server. Same application.

Inserting '#Trim(form.shippingcompany)#' into a Text field works fine.

Inserting '#Trim(form.product_name)#' into another Text field throws an error.

Both values have 1 single quote in them.
+++

Well, the first one I'd already put into a cfinclude. When I put the
other one in a cfinclude, it worked also.

To make a long story short. if Inserting '#Trim(your_variable)#' into
a Text field gives you problems with MX. Try pasting th query into a
file and calling it with cfinclude. Worked for me.
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
http://www.cf-ezcart.com/
954.721.3452