> Macromedia does not recommend using ODBC-JDBC bridges, I am just asking
> why ODBC is used.

Well, we never upgraded Production to CF5.0, we ran CF4.5 ENT in Production
with Client Access Express for 2 Years. NO Problems whatsoever.

We upgraded to CFMX from CF4.5 (kept all configurations) and we started
seeing Client Access ODBC Problems, for every connection drop..
our debugging mode..picks up and emails admins...So we know whats goin on.

Others here have noted the same problems. If CFMX ODBC is NOT supposed
to work, it shouldnt be there in the first place.

> but it might also be a leftover from a previous CF

CFMX ODBC Agent and CFXM ODBX Server are services introduced in CFMX.
These services didnt exist in CF5.0 or CF4.5

I really hope someone from Macromedia can explain
1. Why ODBC Connections are dropping in CFMX?
2. Is this a Known/acknowledged Issue?
3. Is Macromedia working on this "ODBC" issue in CFMX?

Thanks
Joe Eugene

Joe Eugene