Bryan Stevenson wrote:
> From: "Jochem van Dieten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Bryan Stevenson wrote:
>>
>>>Once again no answer to my question regarding the stability of CFMX in a
>>>shared hosting environment!!
>>
>>I, and others with me, have repeatedly answered that it is stable for
>>what we do.
>
> What is it that you do....is it in a shared environment?

I run several testsites in different shared hosting configurations where
I demo i18n stuff. Since they include the ability to upload files for
others, I have them run in a sandbox.
General load is below the noise level, but I have ran stresstests on the
server for a weekend and didn't encounter any problems.

I have not encountered any stability issues with Sandbox Security. I
have reported my share of bugs with CF MX in general, but none that had
anything to do with Sandbox Security.
I only found a bug with Sandbox Security once, but that was a security
issue, not a stability issue and Macromedia has released a patch [1] for
that.

That is not to say there are no issues:
- the fact that limiting the number of connections to a datasource does
not work (bug 49409) is more likely to have adverse consequences in a
shared hosting scenario as on a dedicated server.
- I have not yet seen a shared hosting control panel supporting CF MX.
- the inability to flush compiled templates from cache is a pain (you
can remove them from disk by examining them for a string containing the
original file location, but not from RAM)

But none of these are stability issues.
If I were to configure CF MX Enterprise Edition I would not hesitate to
switch on Sandbox Security even if I don't need it, just for the ability
to limit file upload to directories where file execution is not enabled
and more of that stuff.

Jochem

[1]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/security/security_zone/mpsb03-01.html