> I was reading Dave Watts post about HTML sucking earlier
> and i am really curious dave why do you think it sucks.

I hardly know where to begin. There are just so many reasons why it's bad
for application interfaces. Just imagine if, for everything you did on your
computer, you had to do it through an HTML interface. Just compare it to the
desktop applications you use everyday.

HTML (or rather HTTP) is stateless, HTML isn't event-driven, HTML controls
are very limited, and so on. It's great for formatting documents for people
to read. That's about it.

> Sure it has a few weak points but all the nice pretty
> flash is just pretty and its really a pain in the ass how
> they implemented it on macromedia. I use the site everyday
> i dont need pretty i need it to work and html does that
> nicely. Of course html is annoying because its stateless
> yadda yadda.

I'm not a big fan of the "nice pretty flash", either. I like functionality
and usability. But I do think that you can get more functionality and
usability with Flash than you can with HTML for application interfaces. Of
course, most of what's interesting on the Macromedia site is content, and
HTML is better for that.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496