> I installed CFMX to run off its own standalone web server
> as the docs say. It did run but so appallingly slowly, that
> I felt I had to pull it down and install it again as the
> only CF server on my system, replacing the CF5. And I'll
> just have to be very careful with the tags I use for my
> CF5 clients.

For development purposes, there's no reason why you can't have both CFMX and
CF 5 installed and running, even if you want them to both use IIS. If you
think the load that one is getting may be affecting the other, you can just
turn either off. Neither one will directly interfere with the other, as long
as your web server is configured properly.

However, if you're running Windows XP Professional, I think it'll only let
you have one virtual server, in which case you'd want to set up only one or
the other to run through IIS. You don't have to uninstall either one to make
this happen, though.

> But installing this second time after removing CFMX didn't
> work. THAT's my problem. I have an incomplete installation
> and I don't know what to do.

If you uninstall the web server connector, delete the CFusionMX directory,
and reinstall CFMX, you shouldn't have any problems. During the install,
rather than selecting IIS as your web server, select "standalone" and
configure the web server connector after the install has completed
successfully.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496