My take on the non-commercial side of the agreement is that MM or anyone
else can do what they want with a non-commercial submission.  My
licensing terms are pretty broad: "Use and distribute freely.  No
warranties express or implied".  If I upload freebie code it really is
alright with me if someone uses it.  It would be the decent thing to do
to acknowledge the original author - although I am not so naïve as to
believe everyone does that.  Still, an up-front statement that "we
aren't going to do the decent thing" is effectively a slap at the
developer who is doing the upload.

The current wording may functionally get the job done but frankly it
shows no class and an unambiguously aggressive intent in a resource
whose central tenet is sharing and community assistance.  Things like
this generally happen when legal gets to do things without sufficient
oversight.

On the commercial side, if the right to distribute etc. only applies to
works I *upload*, then this does not affect me as you cannot download
something from the devex that I'm selling.   This is implied in the
final paragraph of the agreement but not expressly stated.

This should be clarified promptly.  It’s a distraction nobody on either
side of the fence needs.

 Matt Robertson       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 MSB Designs, Inc.  http://mysecretbase.com