From: Matt Robertson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 18 June 2003 9:51 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Storing Credit Card Info

Holy cow... thats a very scary prospect.  Obviously an SSL connection is the
first step.  Then...

Encrypt the data.  Don't rely on either CF or mySQL's encryption if you can
all possibly avoid it.  My personal favorite encryption method is
cfx_textcrypt from http://perthweb.developer.com.au but I'm sure others on
the list have favorites of their own.

And as soon as you can get those cc numbers off the server, do so.  Remember
you have to ensure the integrity of the transaction throughout, so if you
are planning on transferring to a local db then *that* connection -- be it a
brute force ftp copy (possible under mysql but ugly) or a local cf server
pulling data off the live box via a remote odbc connection -- has to also be
ssl-secured.

 Matt Robertson,     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 MSB Designs, Inc. http://mysecretbase.com