There have been numerous scientific studies and papers on web site
navigation and user experience, which suggest the user does expect a
certain standard navigation. Vertical-Left, and Horizontal-Upper-Right are where
most users expect the nav to be. I can't recall a "look" study offhand
but it probably exists out there.

Search on Google. boxesandarrows.com is a good place to look as well.
--
 jon
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.