Yes, I complete agree that users expect some navigation. I just disagree
that there is a standard. Vertical-left, horizontal-upper-right,
horizontal top, horizontal-top with drop down... only one can be the
standard. I think we're confusing what's traditional and what's a
standard.

To bring it back to flash, the same types of navigation schemes listed
above are used in flash also. The traditions/standards above are
universal to all application design, not just the browser and web sites.

I'm all up on boxesandarrows.com. Great site, but you'll notice, they
don't underline their links. Nor are they the traditional blue.

But to keep this inline with what were talking about, I just don't see
any standard navigation, just traditional approaches. Regardless,
whether its in a browser, a flash plugin, or a windows form, it's the
designer who defines navigation. Not the medium. (Which is what I think
we're talking about)

Adam Wayne Lehman
Web Systems Developer
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Distance Education Division