I did my first Flash MX nav system a few weeks back and it took about 12
hours (ouch).  My second one (also from scratch) took about 6 hours, so my
learning curve is getting shorter.

For a long time I have been put off by Flash MX's interface, but decided to
delve into it because of market demand.  It's a different way of thinking
than using CFMX.  I would hope / guess that Royale would make the whole
process of using/integrating Flash a lot easier.

Here's what really concerns me, though.  We are all beginning to see the
presence of flash popup marketing ads which take up a sizeable amount of
screen real estate and block the content you came to the site for (you know
the ones --  with exceedingly small [close] buttons).  With JS popups, a
market quickly grew for popup stoppers which kills not only the annoying
popups, but also some legitimate popups used for data presentation.  These
JS popup stoppers are now installed at some large ISP's.

I now am seeing software that will allow an end user to turn off Flash in
the browser (they don't just turn off the popup, but all Flash). So, over
time, more and more apps built in Flash will be crippled or rendered useless
by "flash stoppers".  As I have found with popup stoppers, end users
complain about not being able to see legitimate data viewed in a popup
window.  It's always resolved by having the end user disable the popup
stopper.

Do a search at google for "Flash popup stoppers"

This is yet another example of marketers ruining it for everyone.
--
Thanks, Mark