From: jon hall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 1:47 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Is Flash really THAT good?

Friday, June 20, 2003, 1:32:25 PM, you wrote:
TS> example:  i work for a large company, car rides home are free after a certain hour
since public transp is deemed unsafe...previously the dispatcher was doing this all by
paper, i wrote a flash
TS> app on a PocketPC for him, now he scans id cards and a barcode on the car into a
flash form, gets about a hundred of these.  submits them all, gets stored locally(no
internet connection), synches
TS> it up at night...done with sharedObjects in Flash and remoting.  we looked at
other ways to do this, and flash was the easiest and quickest way to get this going
for him.

Look at the developer exchange. It takes me longer than it used to to
find what I want to in order to download it than it did before, even
on Allaire's old overloaded servers. It wont even work at all for people
who don't have permission to install plugins on their work computers.

TS> so you can say flash doesn't make things more efficient...but you'd be wrong

per example above, I can say it makes things (another relative term)
less efficient...and be right as well.

I happen to think MM.com's use of MX is pretty much state of the art
as well, and it's not working more efficiently (from my pov) than it
did before all the time and money were invested in it. It follows that
the majority of other implementations will have similar problems.

Host with the leader in ColdFusion hosting.
Voted #1 ColdFusion host by CF Developers.
Offering shared and dedicated hosting options.
www.cfxhosting.com/default.cfm?redirect=10481