>Try getting to www.houseoffusion.com. It seems to be offline, but going to
>www.fusionauthority.com (same box) is working. Same for the list. The DNS
>for HoF should be 140 with the email server at the same address. 141 is FA.
>currently, HoF is (was) mapped to 141 and is being moved (propagated through
>DNS) over to 140. This is causing the hell we're seeing with the site and
>answers Len's message. We are working on it and we are listening to peoples
>posts about any problems.

It is not a propagation pb that Houseoffusion.com has disappeared from the
fusionfx.com DNS, but that DNS answers authoritatively!! :

dig @ns.fusionfx.com houseoffusion.com any

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> @ns.fusionfx.com houseoffusion.com any
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      houseoffusion.com, type = ANY, class = IN

but HOF is ok for answers coming from the .net DNS, execpt that
authoritative DNS doesn't answer authoritatively for HOF!! (no 'aa' flag) :

dig @ns.fusionfx.net houseoffusion.com any

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> @ns.fusionfx.net houseoffusion.com any
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 5, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 3
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      houseoffusion.com, type = ANY, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
houseoffusion.com.      2H IN NS        ns.fusionfx.net.
houseoffusion.com.      2H IN NS        ns.fusionfx.com.
houseoffusion.com.      2H IN SOA       ns.fusionfx.net.
hostmaster.fusionfx.net. (
                                         2000071941      ; serial
                                         12H             ; refresh
                                         2H              ; retry
                                         2W              ; expiry
                                         2H )            ; minimum

houseoffusion.com.      2H IN MX        10 houseoffusion.com.
houseoffusion.com.      2H IN A         207.31.122.140

So, if effect, no DNS is answering authoritatively for HOF.  Lack of auth
for a zone is usually due to syntax errors in the zone's zone file.

Since there is no response to BIND version, I guess Fusionfx is running MS DNS:

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> @ns.fusionfx.com txt chaos version.bind.
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOTIMP, id: 6
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      version.bind, type = TXT, class = CHAOS

Whoever said GUI made things easier??

and hof is not in the roots:

# dig @a.root-servers.net houseoffusion.com

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> @a.root-servers.net houseoffusion.com
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      houseoffusion.com, type = A, class = IN

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
COM.                    1D IN SOA       A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
hostmaster.internic.NET. (
                                         2000071900      ; serial
                                         30M             ; refresh
                                         15M             ; retry
                                         1W              ; expiry
                                         1D )            ; minimum

Michael,

Are you sure Net Sol hasn't jerked HOF out of the roots for lack of domain
renewal payment??

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com: ISC BIND 8.2.2 p5  installable binary for NT4
http://IMGate.MEIway.com:  Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways