Yeah NS 7.1 is pretty good, however I just discovered a quirk last night
regarding  CSS.

I've got a major CSS file that sets padding, and a host of other elements
in tables.  When I generated the page using the <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC
"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Final//EN"> My main navigation table in NS 7.1 had a
gap in it, not in IE though.

I decided to do a "what the heck" and used
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
and there was no gap!

Not understanding this if I want to ensure standards compliance, I'll need
to figure out which CSS, XHTML or DOM element NS 7.1 doesn't support, or if
I need to reference a local URI or something. (I'm Just now learning the
finer points of advanced CSS and DOM control).

So for me, it's cross-browser testing as usual!

The real question though is, now that AOL signed another multi-year
agreement to use the IE engine in AOL <ACK cough - sputter> and laid off
more NS staff, how long will it be before NS goes completely open source?

Ultimately I'm an NS FANatic since NS 0.9 beta and an anti-corporate kind
of a guy, however I have no desire (YET) to explore Linux, Opera, or any of
the other dozen anti-Bill solutions for Intel based PCs.

Rafael

At 11:05 PM 7/27/03, you wrote:
>Lil bit OT but it may be worthy. ;)
>
>I had to do some regression testing on an app today and was forced to
>install Netscape 7.1, ACK!...and I must admit I was pleasantly
>surprised. I believe it's *finally* caught up to (and surpassed) IE.
>Built-in pop-up blocking for one...and every IE feature I used to
>complain that it didn't have. I even found my google bar! ;)
>
>http://googlebar.mozdev.org/
>
>Cheers,
>
>Stace
>

>AVIS IMPORTANT:
>-------------------------------
>Les informations contenues dans le present document et ses pieces jointes
>sont strictement confidentielles et reservees a l'usage de la (des)
>personne(s) a qui il est adresse. Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire,
>soyez avise que toute divulgation, distribution, copie, ou autre
>utilisation de ces informations est strictement prohibee. Si vous avez
>recu ce document par erreur, veuillez s'il vous plait communiquer
>immediatement avec l'expediteur et detruire ce document sans en faire de
>copie sous quelque forme.
>
>WARNING:
>The information contained in this document and attachments is confidential
>and intended only for the person(s) named above. If you are not the
>intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
>distribution, or any other use of the information is strictly prohibited.
>If you have received this document by mistake, please notify the sender
>immediately and destroy this document and attachments without making any
>copy of any kind.

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com