Subject:    RE: Search engine safe urls
Date:       8/3/2003 10:50 PM

> I've looked high and low and I can't find an answer that > works so I'm going to ask
> here. In the release notes for > the updater it says as one of the features fixed:
> Search engine safe URLs of the form *.cfm/* did not work > properly, so a URL such
> as http:/server/test.cfm/alpha/beta > would not execute test.cfm.
> > Nice statement but I can't find anything more about SES urls, > nothing works and
> > every attempt I make to get them to work > fails. Is it limited to a single domain
> > site? Does it need > changes to the XML pages? Does it only work on IIS? Has >
> > anyone gotten this to work? If so, want to write a paper on > it?

If you're using WebSite, I wouldn't be surprised if this didn't work at all.
You might want to ask Mr. Denny how his web server parses URLs; if you've
got CF hooked up to WebSite via an ISAPI extension (I don't think WebSite
supports ISAPI filters, but I could be wrong), the web server will be
responsible for parsing the URL, I think.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444