> Sean - so if I understand correctly this means that performance benefits
of
> named locks over scoped locks (as noted in the <cflock> postings on your
> blog) are no longer huge?
>
> So in summary for shared scope vars scoped locks are not going to result
in
> the app taking a performance hit. Named locks are primarily for files or
> sections of code that need to single thread - correct?

The principles I spoke of in my post still apply, but CFLOCKs with
SCOPE="Session" only "key" to the one user's session now.  Named locks on
code that access the Server or Application scopes, or that try to safeguard
non-threadsafe CFX tags by single-threading access to them via named
exclusive locks, still work according to what I said earlier.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Member of Team Macromedia

Advanced Intensive ColdFusion MX Training
ColdFusion MX Master Class:
September 22 - 26, 2003
http://www.ColdFusionTraining.com

Download CommerceBlocks V2.1 and LoRCAT from
http://www.ProductivityEnhancement.com

The ColdFusion MX Bible is in bookstores now!