> If you're not having any contention issues *under load*, then don't
> mess with it

I am having problems under load, but I'm not convinced that they are locking
problems. Early this morning I upgraded the live server to 6.1, and 6.1
reacts very differently to 6.0. The performance curves are different, when
it goes wrong it goes wrong differently, so I'm reassessing what problem I
have and how it manifests in 6.1. 6.1 is a lot better than 6.0 but it has
locked up twice already and I've had to restart cfmx (threads at max, queued
threads at max, flat lined, dead in the water. Thread dump had most things
waiting for an Abstractcache lock.).

> If you'd like, feel free to give me a call (770-446-8866) before you start
> your next app so we can chat about locking requirements and
> strategies

That is a very kind offer - thank you. It may be a while as I am on contract
to support and enhance a major site, rather than develop new apps, but I'll
probably take you up on it.

Regards,

Alan Ford