> The principles I spoke of in my post still apply, but CFLOCKs with
> SCOPE="Session" only "key" to the one user's session now.  ?
> Named locks on code that access the Server or Application
> scopes, or that try to safeguard non-threadsafe CFX tags by
> single-threading access to them via named exclusive locks,
> still work according to what I said earlier.

The way cflock worked with session locks in 6.0 did mean that you got
locking contention when you weren't even thinking you should. Module A in
session 1 would lock out module B in session 93, when there was no need at
all to do that (aasuming that they both had exclusive session locks).

On 6.1, and given a site that does not anticipate too much session
contention (ie a site without frames and without Flash remoting) I don't
think it's at all worth reengineering session locks to be named locks - do
you?

However, with a new app I can see distinct advantages to the technique of
naming locks that you outlined in another post.

Regards,

Alan Ford