From: Les Mizzell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 11:35 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Extremely Persistant Access "ldb" Lock File

This one has got a client almost in tears.

There's a large Access file which a client needs to update twice a day
by ftp'ing a new version in (Hey, I tried to convince them to use
SQL...).  Problem is, there's a persistent "ldb" on the database that
almost NOTHING can seem to make go away.  So, when time comes to ftp a
new database, they can't - the file is locked - for hours and hours at a

time, even if nobody is accessing the site and using the database.

Evening putting one of my "breakconnection.cfm" files out there that
purposely errors to break the connection won't kill it.

They've got the "timeout" set in the CF Admin to 1 minute.

Ideas?