From: Kevin Graeme [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2003 1:03 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: No so good news

Another bit of possible prior art that I keep wondering about is Apple's
Hypercard and XCMDs.

Hypercard is one of the foundation examples of hypertext. XCMD stands for
"eXternal CoMmanD". It was a way to incorporate any external media or
datasource into the hypertext document. That included QuickTime video as
well as network databases. I recall a project that was built tying Oracle
into Hypercard feeding the page content and allowing people to do queries.
Hmm.

Also, Gopher even had some of this. It was a distributed hypertext medium
that could launch media clips as well.

-Kevin