Les Mizzell said:
>> Is that e-mail the one you're suggesting is spam?
>

> No, what I'm saying is that AFTER posting the page, the email
> address  "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" started getting SPAM messages.

If those events are related, you have a bigger security problem as
just some spam.

> However, it picked up some 5000 false email addresses to play with
> while  it was there, so I certainly slowed it down a little bit...

Your false emailaddresses are so obviously false I wouldn't count on
them even making it past the first parsing stage. And even if they do,
how long does it take to do 5000 DNS requests? 10 seconds? If you want
to tie crawlers down, start running OpenBSD and spamd and redirect
crawlers to it (redirecting HTTP traffic to a mailserver is fun ;-)).

And if you are really serious about preventing spam, use real email
adresses and set up automatic SpamCop, ORBS, NANAS etc. submissions
for everything that hits those addresses.
What you have online now is more a feel-good page as a real anti-spam
resource.

Jochem