Ok, update:

Iıve found my webroot, created a directory called cfcremoting, and am
working off that... It does seem to connect.

When I try the code below, I get the following error with the flash
debugger:

error:coldfusion.compiler.ParseException: Invalid CFML construct found on
line 23 at column 17.

Theres not even 23 lines in the file!!!