  From: Samuel R. Neff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: 08 February 2004 17:24
  To: CF-Talk
  Subject: RE: Macromedia.com running on top of Mach II

  Jaye,

  You can program things from scratch all the time or you can use frameworks
  and available resources to make the program more efficiently.  The
official
  curriculum is always going to be about the base functionality of a
language.
  You have to go outside that to learn about frameworks and extensions.  The
  same is true in all languages.  The official Sun curriculum teaches you
how
  to develop Java apps and never mentions the tons of available open-source
  projects and frameworks available.  However, a very large portion of Java
  projects will use Apache Struts as their framework as it provides
  functionality you don't need to redevelop.

  Besides, it's no surprise that MM is using Mach-II since Sean Corfield has
  been blogging about it for a while.

  Sam

  Blog: http://www.rewindlife.com
  Charts: http://www.blinex.com/products/charting