> And another question related to disk usage; what are the
> guidelines for a paging file and is it needed if you have
> lots of physical ram? The reason I ask is because I wonder if
> a fragmented HD, and a page file on that disk might cause
> problems.

Ideally, on a Windows machine, you'd place the pagefile on a separate
partition, and you'd set it with a fixed size equal to the recommended size,
so that it's always exactly the same size. If you do this during your
initial machine configuration, you won't have to worry about pagefile
fragmentation.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496