From: Brook Davies [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 2:25 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: How many class files do YOU have?

I repoted to this list awhile ago about really long start up times for one
of my apps on the first run. It seems that this problem has been resolved
by defragging the HD? The C:\CFusionMX\wwwroot\WEB-INF\cfclasses folder had
a lot of fragmented files as well as other areas on the HD. Does that make
sense?

Anyhow, I have 6,591 class files in my class folder taking up about 80
megs. So, I am curious now how many class files ya'll have on your servers?

And another question related to disk usage; what are the guidelines for a
paging file and is it needed if you have lots of physical ram? The reason I
ask is because I wonder if a fragmented HD, and a page file on that disk
might cause problems. I've had some JavaOutOfMemory errors, so I am looking
for answers everywhere :)

Brook