There is a bug in MSIE regarding the display of cached SSL documents that I
have seen. There is a MS Tech note about it. I believe it goes something
like this: If the site is an SSL site, and the directive is to not cache,
Windows will not save the document anywhere on the hard drive. PDF files
must first be downloaded to a temporary cache, then displayed. However,
with the MSIE bug, when it goes to display the file, nothing is there since
MSIE did not save the file to begin with.

Good luck,
Mike Chabot