Just to clarify, you do not need to use header tags in the page to disable caching. My Web server knows enough to not cache cfm files without specifying anything in the file itself. Since the user is hitting a .cfm page, you could be running into a no-cache directive at the Web server level. An easy way to check is with a packet analyzer. You could also try downloading a regular PDF, DOC, or XLS file to see if these work, but not the PDF that is generated by the cfm file.

Good luck,
Mike Chabot

(A repost, since my first attempt was lost)