I'm outputting a file to Excel like this:

<cfsetting enablecfoutputonly="Yes">

<cfquery name="viewAPP" datasource="myDATA">
    SELECT * FROM CAT_ORD
   </cfquery>

<cfcontent type="application/msexcel">

<cfheader name="Content-Disposition" value="filename=myLIST.xls"> --->

   ...more columns
<cfoutput query="viewAPP">
   ...more columns

Is working sorta OK. Got a question

1. One field comes in as a list. I'd like all the values in that list to
end up in one cell, but regardless of what I try, it insist on putting
them in individual cells ... so, I end up with something like:

NAME Items on Order
George Smith Item 1
Item 2
Item 3
Item 4

...with each item being in a cell by itself. I'm thinking is is just a
"weird Excel" thing, but is there a workaround?