On Aug 18, 2004, at 8:05 AM, Vince Bonfanti wrote:

>  Second, based on the information that's available publicly so far,
> there's
>  nothing to technically prevent us from implementing an event gateway
> in
>  BlueDragon, if we choose to do so. Indeed, we've already got a working
>  prototype of a CFMESSAGE tag that gives you access to JMS (on Java)
> and
>  Message Queuing (on .NET) that will likely be delivered in BlueDragon
> 6.2
>  later this year, well before the Blackstone release. (The CFMESSAGE
> tag is
>  something we were working on before we ever heard of the Blackstone
> event
>  gateway).

Vince

I am interested in the fact that you are providing access to JMS with a
CF tag as opposed to an event gateway.

When I first investigated the subject, based on Sean Corfields posts &
blog it occurred to me that a slick way to provide this access would be
a "cfmessage" tag -- even used that name.  Sean almost (but not
totally) convinced me that a gateway was a better approach.

Intuitively, I think that a cfmessage tage would be easier for a
developer to use/understand -- but if a JMS event gateway is procvided
with Blackstone, that is probably a wash.

I am interested in hearing:

1) will the cfmessage tag implement all features of JMS senders
receivers (syncrhonous and asynchronous).
2) will cfmessage allow manipulation of messages without consuming them
-- say, as an an admin function to change priorities, etc, or just
examine messages in the system (a great debugging aid, too)
3) your thoughts on the tradeoffs of a cfmessage tag vs an event gateway

TIA

Dick