Hi Dick,

Regarding your first two questions, details of the CFMESSAGE tag will be
announced when we release the BD 6.2 public beta (this is a fancy way of
saying, "I don't know yet").

Regarding "...tradeoffs of a cfmessage tag vs an event gateway...", three
answers:

  1. We started work on the CFMESSAGE tag before ever hearing of the event
gateway, so it's not as if we made a decision to do one instead of the
other.

  2. We really don't know all that much about the event gateway, since
Macromedia have released little if any technical details publicly; so it's a
bit difficult for me to comment on just yet.

  3. Implementing a CFMESSAGE tag doesn't preclude implementing an event
gateway (and vice-versa). If after seeing details of the event gateway we
think it's something useful that people will want, then we'll implement it
in BD; if not, then we won't. That's mainly going to depend on whether you
(CFML developers in general, and BlueDragon customers in particular) tell us
the event gateway is something you need or want. While the general
descriptions we've heard of the event gateway sound pretty cool, it's not
clear to me that it's something most CFML developers will be able to make
use of effectively (certainly, my personal opinion is there are other more
compelling features in Blackstone). Our attitude right now is neutral--we'll
wait and see after it's delivered and respond appropriately.

Vince