Hi Andrew, Bill,

We've been running ServersAlive for the last couple of years, which has been cycling the service automatically everytime the system slows and like you say, this has worked well as a backup.

Trouble is, it was doing this about every 10 minutes when we had our recent problems - not really acceptable!

I've been doing my sums - 7000 requests per hour is on average 2 requests per second. I guess in real life this could increase to say 4 requests per second for a few minutes at a time. Maybe this is as much as a single processor can handle?

What other loads are people getting out of a single processor machine?

Thanks
Ian