> We have noted that the docs say the the "simultaneous
> requests" number in CF admin should be roughly 2x the number
> of procs. While this number works well on a busy cf 5
> machine. It seems to be quite low for a cfmx platform.
> We've increased this number to between 8 and 13 on a dual
> proc machine and seen significant results. On a single proc
> machine I would try 6 and see what you get.

Unfortunately, finding the optimal value for this parameter really requires
load testing. I do agree that the optimal value for CFMX is usually higher
than it was for CF 5, based on the load tests I've seen.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496
fax: 202-797-5444