1) you could insert a record into the db as you build each structure
entry (cassette)
2) you could insert a record into the db as you display each structure
entry (cassette)

Does your input form allow multiple cassette entries on 1 form
submission?

If not, do you plan to store multiple form submissions in some sort of
session scope variable until the user indicates to accept the whole lot
(and yo do the db inserts).

You prolly will be best served with the following approach.

1) user submits form with 1 or more cassette entries
2) Your program loops over the cassette entries:
      --- validating each entry
      --- inserting each entry into the db

I don't see any need for a structure in this approach

Dick